Parallels Desktop keeps asking for permissions -- how to stop?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ScottB47, Jan 1, 2024.

1. ScottB47

ScottB47 Bit poster

At least once a day, and every time I launch Parallels Desktop for Mac, it asks me to allow it to access data from other applications. I see no reason to allow this, and so far the lack of this permission has not hindered its operation. How do I make it stop asking this?
    Thanks,
    Scott

2. JackV1

JackV1 Bit poster

No answers? Drat. I am getting the same message, and it re-appears no matter which way I answer it. Install a new update of Sonoma, and the message comes back. Close the virtual machine and Parallels, and restart - the message reappears.
    I'm also getting a message that seems to be from MacOS Sonoma that something about Parallels is incompatible with upcoming versions of MacOS.

3. ScottB47

ScottB47 Bit poster

No answers, sadly. I'm not seeing any compatibility messages, though. Are you running the latest version of Parallels?

4. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you please share a screenshot of the pop-up?

Also, please collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.

Thank you!

5. ScottB47

ScottB47 Bit poster

Technical Report 447875905 has been sent with a screenshot, also attached here.
    Scott

Attached Files:

6. ReneA4

ReneA4

Is there a solution for this problem yet? It also happens with me, after updating Mac OS to the latest version. It's driving me nuts :)

7. MichaelB135

MichaelB135 Bit poster

I'm having this same issue and am hoping for a solution.

8. Cobra

Cobra Bit poster

Yep, we are all having this every single time. :(
    Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 9.30.09 PM.png

9. ChristophR7

ChristophR7 Bit poster

Same issue here. Parallels keeps asking for access multiple times every time I launch a VM.

10. ChristophR7

ChristophR7 Bit poster

Maybe a small correction. Parallels wants access to my Documents folder and keeps asking over and over again when launching a VM. Since I have file access to the host system disabled, Parallels most definitely needs absolutely no access to my Documents folder. It has absolutely nothing to do there.

11. BorisR1

BorisR1

Hi,
    I have got same problem... no any answer? Please, if anyone can find the solution write it to us ;)
    Boris

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2024 at 1:27 AM
  12. ChristophR7

ChristophR7 Bit poster

This is a Parallels forum, right? Are there any Parallels employees present here? Any feedback would be nice!