is there a non-subscription app?

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by ArmingC, Oct 6, 2023.

1. ArmingC

ArmingC Bit poster

I have been with parallels for a many years. I completely against supporting any software program that has gone to pure subscription. trustee most of us out there will not support will look for other software. so my question to you is this is there a non-subscription purchase for Parallels Desktop?
    I don't really care if it's standard, Pro or business just need to know that there is a way to purchase the app.

2. Trishna Oobeyram

Trishna Oobeyram Staff Member

Hello @ArmingC
    We do have a non-subscription version of Parallels Desktop.
    You can find it here.
    Once you have followed the link, click on 1-time purchase:
    Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 00.59.15.png
    Regards.

3. ArmingC

ArmingC Bit poster

Thank you so much for the reply. I spent a good amount of time trying to locate a one time purchase and sadly had to be emailed and posted here in the forum.

4. StevenMacDonald

StevenMacDonald Junior Member

If you currently have a non-subscription version, you can upgrade to latest version as a 1-time purchase (not subscription)

upload_2023-10-6_20-36-22.png

5. ClaudioB3

ClaudioB3 Bit poster

How you got there? I have a non-subscription version and I cannot get that option (1-Time purchase) only the Subscription. Could you please clarify?

6. StevenMacDonald

StevenMacDonald Junior Member

From Run Parallels on Mac page, click the blue Buy Now button, then click on Upgrade to Newest Version.
    upload_2023-10-7_13-37-15.png
    Next, that will take you to the Upgrade screen. It defaults to Pro, but click on the Standard box I have circled below. You will notice that there is now a line of blue text that says "1-Time Purchase". Now click on the Upgrade button and complete your purchase. With the 20% off it is a much better deal :). Hope this helps.
    upload_2023-10-7_13-42-23.png

7. AliceS6

AliceS6

Pro doesn't have this? Is there any way to get Pro as a one time purchase?

8. Nischay Gaya

Nischay Gaya Staff Member

Hello @AliceS6,
    Thank you for reaching out to us.

Indeed, the Pro version of Parallels Desktop is only available as a subscription-based plan as compared to the standard version.

You may refer to the following link for more information on the difference between a One-time purchase and a subscription-based license: https://kb.parallels.com/122929

Thank you.

9. J.D.W

J.D.W

I really wish there was an option for the Mac Desktop Pro version for a one-time purchase, maybe without the extras (I don't need the toolbox add on). A Subscription for a software that I sparingly use (just a hobby), I just won't do. I always buy the better pro versions of software to support developers, but I won't support a subscription service, especially when I don't need the add-ons, I would just like to be able to use the VM and take full advantage of my computer or MacBook Pro hardware. You guys could have easily gotten another $50-$100 bucks for a user who only sparingly uses the software. I think your team should re-consider the choice not to offer the standalone pro version as a one time purchase. Trust me, there are SO MANY of us that simply will NEVER do a subscription. Rant over..

10. TN_3

TN_3

I don't see the 1-time purchase option. I don't want to pay for the subscription that I barely use, probably a few weeks out for the year for some Windows testings.

11. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hi TN,

Please find the 1-time purchase option highlighted in the attached image.

https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/buy/?full

Attached Files:

12. SteveL22

SteveL22

One time option for Pro please. Not renting software just so I can use more than 8GB of ram. This subscription rental garbage on software is getting out of hand, and no one is stopping it. I'm paying hundreds of dollars to RENT software, only to get zero out of it after years of paying. Fix your business model.