Parallels Desktop subscription expired ... ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Windows' started by LucasH2, Dec 5, 2023.

1. LucasH2

LucasH2 Bit poster

Several weeks ago, I got a new MacBook Pro and moved my Parallels software to it. I've since paid to renew. So far, so good. This morning, I got a pop-up alert that my Parallels Toolbox subscription had expired. I thought Toolbox was baked into Parallels desktop, and since I've renewed my subscription just days ago all should be okay. Toolbox appears at My Account as an active subscription. So ... is this alert something bogus that I should ignore? Somebody's phishing tool or a scam?

2. Maxim Rasulov

Maxim Rasulov Staff Member

Hello.

From what we can see, it hasn't yet been activated on the new Mac. While Parallels Desktop subscription allows usage of Toolbox for its duration, it still has its own license key input interface, as you can also use it separately. It is most likely that the installation used a trial time as non-activated, and now wishes to acquire the license key.
    Please try to activate Parallels Toolbox on your new Mac:
    1. On your new Mac, click on the Parallels Toolbox icon in the Mac menu bar.
    2. Click on the "Gear" icon in the top right corner.
    3. Select "Account & License" -> Sign in to your account -> Input the license key or use "I have a key" button if necessary and use your Parallels subscription license
    4. Check if you can activate Toolbox and if the pop-up alert disappears.

If the issue persists, please let us know, and send us a report after reproduction (Click on the Toolbox icon in the Mac menu bar -> Click on the "Gear" icon -> "Help" -> "Send technical Data") and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply message.

3. LucasH2

LucasH2 Bit poster

First, I apologize for the delayed response. I've been distracted by other things. Thank you for that reply. I followed the steps you prescribed, and I now seem to have a fully functioning subscription to the Parallels Toolbox. Huzzah! I never sully appreciated that Parallels for Mac and its Toolbox were separate items.